Monday 26 August 2013

French style toast with assortment of Fruit

Nom nom nommy nom!

This French toast style, yoghurt and fruit is one of my favourite breakfasts. Granted I don't eat it all the time as I'm not a huge bread lover but it's one of them dishes that is perfectly quick, pretty and a delight to eat. The dish also looks beautiful if you are trying to impress with your culinary skills ;)
So here is how I put together my version of the dish. Also a quick tip it's perfect to make if your bread isn't so fresh and is a little 'crusty' don't waste food.

You will need:
- A couple of rounds of bread any of your fancy, I used whole grain with added seeds.
- One or two eggs this depends on how many rounds of bread you are using, one egg did me fine with my two rounds of bread. I also add a tad bit of vanilla extract to my beaten eggs.
- fruit now this is where you can get creative and use any fruit that takes your fancy. I used Grapes and a banana as they were to hand seriously get funky with the fruit.
- Jams/ yoghurt you can use a little or a lot again all down to you. I however used a tad bit of an ikea red berry jam (it is so versatile and yummy) and a greek yoghurt. 
Another tip you could also add honey or nutella to your end dish, play around with the dish makr it your own.
That is litrally all you will need in terms of food.
-Now you'll need a hot frying pan with a tad bit of oil, feel free to use any oil you feel comfortable cooking with. 
-A pair of tongs or spatula to monouver the bread in the pan.
-Sharp Knife to cut up your fruit.
-Of course a plate to serve your yummy dish on.
-A couple of spoons to add your jams or yoghurt.
-You'll need a bowl big enough to dip your bread in when you add your egg.
The dish will only take as long as your bread does to cook until it's nice and toasty.  Average about 10 minutes maximum.

Okay now your ready and you'll be shocked how fool proof this dish is. Right I start by beating my egg in the bowl add in a few drops of my vanilla extract,  now I take one piece of my bread and dip it in my beaten egg. I like to make sure both sides of my bread are nicely covered I just repeat this step with my other bit of bread.
Now take the eggy/vanilla bread and pop it in your pan now just watch it closely so that it doesn't burn at all. Your looking for that golden colour, I suggest turning the bread over a few times. The bread shouldn't be soggy it should be crisp just like toast. Sometimes I like to finish it off under the grill but you really don't have to.
Whilst I'm cooking my bread I like to just chop up any fruit I may be using so my banana and grapes. When the bread is done and is now nice and toasty I add my jam and yoghurt, then my fruit and we my friends are finished go and eat your lovely dish! 
Woweee you have got yourself a tasty dish I told you it was simple and it looks drop dead beautiful.  It's know surprise that we eat with our eyes!
Just a quick side note I love cooking and making tasty dishes but I am no chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment